Twitter Flock for WordPress: multiple accounts tweets with style
Twitter Flock is WordPress plugin for showing multiple accounts tweets with different color scheme for every account. Also, there are setting allowing you to control how your tweets will look like and will they cache or not.
One of the things that make this plugin different form other are tabs above Twitter Flock box. This tab shows accounts avatars so visitors can click on them and see only tweets from that account.
With Twitter Flock you can:
– show tweets from multiple accounts or only one account,
– cache tweets for faster page load,
– set different color scheme for every user,
– show only tweets with defined hash tag,
– link url inside of tweets,
– display tab with accounts avatars so visitors can select which account tweets wants to see,
You should follow those steps in order to install Twitter Flock on you WordPress:
1. Upload `twitter-flock` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Add this <?php include (ABSPATH . ‘/wp-content/plugins/twitter-flock/twitter-flock.php’); ?> in header of your template
4. Put <?php TwitterFlock(); ?> in your template on place where you want Twitter Flock to show tweets or
5. Drag widget on your sidebar
6. Set options on admin panel
Twitter Flock, beside standard options, have and some not-so-standard features.
My favorite feature and main reason why I made this plugin is possibility to show only tweets with chosen hash tag and remove that hash tag from tweets. So, now on workshop.rs I can show only those tweets that I select with #ws hash tag and I will not bother you with rest of my tweets.
Another cool feature is tab bar above Twitter Flock box so your visitor can choose only tweets from selected account. Also, you can choose different colors for background and text for every user separately.
* Header title
* Option for exclude jQuery in case of conflict
* Sidebar widget
* No need for inlude line in header
* Fixes problem with new avatar appereance
» Trackbacks and pingbacks click to expand
Visualize Twitter connections with Twings
I always find it interesting to see who from people that I’m following on Twitter follows me back and also to see how those people are related with each others. I was looking the best way to present that visually and presenting connections as dots and put those dots in rings sounds like a good […]
News Ticker in 4 lines of jQuery
There are a lot of different jQuery News Ticker plugins with lot of options that you can use. Do you want to learn how to create one on your own in only 4 lines od jQuery code ? Idea is pretty simple, take first element from list, apply some disappearing effect on it and on […]
jQuery Snow Falling plugin
I like winter because of holidays and snow. Not big fan of going to shopping and buying New Year gifts and presents, but I am fan of snow and snowboarding. That’s why I enjoy watching how snow falling even if that’s only on my monitor. Idea is to create one snowflake initially, clone that snowflake […]
Fancy Transitions Featured Gallery for WordPress
ftFeatured is WordPress plugin for creating image gallery with fancy transition effects of featured posts. You can choose between three types of transition effects: curtain, wave and zipper. Also, you can set width, height, delay time, number of posts etc. This WordPress plugin is based on jQuery jqFancyTransitions plugin and is very easy to use. […]