Twitter Flock for WordPress: multiple accounts tweets with style
Twitter Flock is WordPress plugin for showing multiple accounts tweets with different color scheme for every account. Also, there are setting allowing you to control how your tweets will look like and will they cache or not.
One of the things that make this plugin different form other are tabs above Twitter Flock box. This tab shows accounts avatars so visitors can click on them and see only tweets from that account.
With Twitter Flock you can:
- show tweets from multiple accounts or only one account,
- cache tweets for faster page load,
- set different color scheme for every user,
- show only tweets with defined hash tag,
- link url inside of tweets,
- display tab with accounts avatars so visitors can select which account tweets wants to see,
You should follow those steps in order to install Twitter Flock on you WordPress:
1. Upload `twitter-flock` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Add this <?php include (ABSPATH . ‘/wp-content/plugins/twitter-flock/twitter-flock.php’); ?> in header of your template
4. Put <?php TwitterFlock(); ?> in your template on place where you want Twitter Flock to show tweets or
5. Drag widget on your sidebar
6. Set options on admin panel
Twitter Flock, beside standard options, have and some not-so-standard features.
My favorite feature and main reason why I made this plugin is possibility to show only tweets with chosen hash tag and remove that hash tag from tweets. So, now on workshop.rs I can show only those tweets that I select with #ws hash tag and I will not bother you with rest of my tweets.
Another cool feature is tab bar above Twitter Flock box so your visitor can choose only tweets from selected account. Also, you can choose different colors for background and text for every user separately.
* Header title
* Option for exclude jQuery in case of conflict
* Sidebar widget
* No need for inlude line in header
* Fixes problem with new avatar appereance
» Trackbacks and pingbacks click to expand
jqIsoText: jQuery Text Effect Plugin
Some content on our pages are more important than other and we want to made him eye catching. There are lot of techniques to achieve that. One of them is jqIsoText. With this plugin we’re changing size of letters in text. It starts from one font size and increment or decrement to other font size. […]
Create image gallery in 4 lines of jQuery
Few days ago friend asked me to build image gallery with thumbnails for her web page. Request was pretty simple, she wanted large image and few thumbnails bellow that. Also, large image should have bar with description. When user click on thumb large image and description should change. My idea was to use alt tag […]
Image gallery in 4 lines of code with MooTools and Dojo
News Ticker in 4 lines of jQuery
There are a lot of different jQuery News Ticker plugins with lot of options that you can use. Do you want to learn how to create one on your own in only 4 lines od jQuery code ? Idea is pretty simple, take first element from list, apply some disappearing effect on it and on […]