Twitter Flock for WordPress: multiple accounts tweets with style
Twitter Flock is WordPress plugin for showing multiple accounts tweets with different color scheme for every account. Also, there are setting allowing you to control how your tweets will look like and will they cache or not.
One of the things that make this plugin different form other are tabs above Twitter Flock box. This tab shows accounts avatars so visitors can click on them and see only tweets from that account.
With Twitter Flock you can:
- show tweets from multiple accounts or only one account,
- cache tweets for faster page load,
- set different color scheme for every user,
- show only tweets with defined hash tag,
- link url inside of tweets,
- display tab with accounts avatars so visitors can select which account tweets wants to see,
You should follow those steps in order to install Twitter Flock on you WordPress:
1. Upload `twitter-flock` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Add this <?php include (ABSPATH . ‘/wp-content/plugins/twitter-flock/twitter-flock.php’); ?> in header of your template
4. Put <?php TwitterFlock(); ?> in your template on place where you want Twitter Flock to show tweets or
5. Drag widget on your sidebar
6. Set options on admin panel
Twitter Flock, beside standard options, have and some not-so-standard features.
My favorite feature and main reason why I made this plugin is possibility to show only tweets with chosen hash tag and remove that hash tag from tweets. So, now on workshop.rs I can show only those tweets that I select with #ws hash tag and I will not bother you with rest of my tweets.
Another cool feature is tab bar above Twitter Flock box so your visitor can choose only tweets from selected account. Also, you can choose different colors for background and text for every user separately.
* Header title
* Option for exclude jQuery in case of conflict
* Sidebar widget
* No need for inlude line in header
* Fixes problem with new avatar appereance
» Trackbacks and pingbacks click to expand
Visualize Twitter connections with Twings
I always find it interesting to see who from people that I’m following on Twitter follows me back and also to see how those people are related with each others. I was looking the best way to present that visually and presenting connections as dots and put those dots in rings sounds like a good […]
Coin Slider: Image Slider with Unique Effects
After jqFancyTransitions I decided to release new jQuery image slider plugin with more unique transitions effects. I have ideas for new effects and after I didn’t find that somebody already implement that I create Coin Slider. Thanks to you and your comments Coin Slider have lot of features that jqFancyTransitions didn’t have at the beginning. […]
Image gallery with fancy transitions effects
I was looking all over the Internet for some jQuery gallery plugin with some interesting transition effects. I found a lot of great plugins but they all have pretty same transition effects. Mostly that was fading and sliding effects. I wanted something different so I decide to made my own slideshow gallery plugin for jQuery. […]
Just Random Color
Some time ago I was working on app where for each category we had to assign random color in case that user didn’t choose one. A few day ago I needed to generate random color again. Instead of copy/paste code from one place to another much better is to create re-usable module. Also, this might […]