Twitter Flock for Wordpress: multiple accounts tweets with style
Twitter Flock is Wordpress plugin for showing multiple accounts tweets with different color scheme for every account. Also, there are setting allowing you to control how your tweets will look like and will they cache or not.
One of the things that make this plugin different form other are tabs above Twitter Flock box. This tab shows accounts avatars so visitors can click on them and see only tweets from that account.
With Twitter Flock you can:
- show tweets from multiple accounts or only one account,
- cache tweets for faster page load,
- set different color scheme for every user,
- show only tweets with defined hash tag,
- link url inside of tweets,
- display tab with accounts avatars so visitors can select which account tweets wants to see,
You should follow those steps in order to install Twitter Flock on you Wordpress:
1. Upload `twitter-flock` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Add this <?php include (ABSPATH . ‘/wp-content/plugins/twitter-flock/twitter-flock.php’); ?> in header of your template
4. Put <?php TwitterFlock(); ?> in your template on place where you want Twitter Flock to show tweets or
5. Drag widget on your sidebar
6. Set options on admin panel
Twitter Flock, beside standard options, have and some not-so-standard features.
My favorite feature and main reason why I made this plugin is possibility to show only tweets with chosen hash tag and remove that hash tag from tweets. So, now on workshop.rs I can show only those tweets that I select with #ws hash tag and I will not bother you with rest of my tweets.
Another cool feature is tab bar above Twitter Flock box so your visitor can choose only tweets from selected account. Also, you can choose different colors for background and text for every user separately.
* Header title
* Option for exclude jQuery in case of conflict
* Sidebar widget
* No need for inlude line in header
* Fixes problem with new avatar appereance
» Trackbacks and pingbacks click to expand
Create image gallery in 4 lines of jQuery
Few days ago friend asked me to build image gallery with thumbnails for her web page. Request was pretty simple, she wanted large image and few thumbnails bellow that. Also, large image should have bar with description. When user click on thumb large image and description should change.
My idea was to use alt tag of [...]
jqBarGraph – jQuery graph plugin
jqBarGraph is jQuery plugin that gives you freedom to easily display your data as graphs. There are three types of graphs: simple, multi and stacked. All you have to do is to pass your data to this plugin. This plugin is compatible and fully tested with Safari 2+, Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 2+, Google Chrome [...]
Just Random Color
Some time ago I was working on app where for each category we had to assign random color in case that user didn’t choose one. A few day ago I needed to generate random color again. Instead of copy/paste code from one place to another much better is to create re-usable module. Also, this might [...]
Use Webcam to Create Animated GIF
Some time ago I saw some online animated gif creator and thought it could be done in JS instead of Flash. We could easily access webcam from browser with the getUserMedia API. Nice tutorial about this API can be found on HTML5Rocks site.
So, getting image in real time from camera is easy with getUserMedia, [...]